oops
rss feed      Home      Feedback      email      o     

Sunday, 15 June 2008

Enya! Look, Im sorry...





phew...

Im a bit scared making this post, you see, I f**d up, like I sometimes do, and this ones a big one folks, and its a looong one, and this is the f**k up that nearlly broke me. Let me explain...

See, a looong time ago I made a song called RIPPIR based around the DeathMatch game Quake-1 Engine (go see my BANG video as an example), and sought for sample clearence from Enya's Management, ooh 10 years or so ago now. I had used a sample of Enya from one of her CDs in my collection, and have to say I was a HUGE fan, and am again now. (just read on and of-course the samples were taken out!!!)

(edit: the name RIPPIR by the way just came from the name of the original sample used off a sample cd. the percussion sample was simply called rippir, and well, it just stuch)

Sadly for me at the time of my request they wrote back and said words to the effect of NO!!! (lol, i am laughing now but then it was a different story back then i can tell you)

3 comments:

jsm said...

better late than never
another soul deed done,
my only wish,
i never took so long.

Enya - If I Could Be Where You Are

jsm said...

Well, its been a long time since i made this post, and theres nothing im about to add, thats making this any easier than making the original post...

you see, since making this post, my inner voice so to speak has been helping me, guiding me, nagging me, and encouraging me to be a better me, and that has been so tiresome at times, but encouraging at times. but by far mostly encouraging...

and now, many months down the line, with so much awakening i think taking place in me, im only now making sense of my original moment within enyas eyes...

maybe somewhere sometime our souls parted or crossed paths, but somewhere something farmiliar took place that resides in enyas eyes...

i just dont know! do i love you? do i know you? did our souls cross paths many moons ago. heaven only knows, but i think that because of this im slowly figuring me out...

and why is it that at my weakest moment, when i needed help most, you were the catalist for the voice in me that helped get me back on track allthough i am so far from there yet...

anyway, what do i say. do i say thankyou? do i say i love you? i just dont know...

but i do know theres nothing i would love more than to share this moment with you sometime face to face, perhaps over a cup of tea or a cold guiness, allthough theres some things i would be so embarresed to tell but would and will if you would but let me...

why do i keep getting this feeling in me that feels like i love you in some way. but why i just dont know. how do i tell someone i never met that something resides in a place inside me for someone i never actually met. and why do these words keep coming out in rhym in places i never used to get...

i really dont know, but i do know theres something there i have never had and felt before. but the price i had to pay to recieve this gift was high, and im still paying for it now, and think i always will...

i think i understand now though that this is just a part of my journey that my soul must take but i dont really know. and i think telling you is part of it but im scared and slowly losing the will to. and so my only hope is that this message somehow gets to you...

enya! look, i really dont know, i really just dont know, but i would like to say, thankyou, and why do i think i love you...

jsm said...

Or maybe this experience has taught me that I actually need to start loving myself again...

thankyou enya.